Accelerating innovative solutions that disrupt the cycle of poverty for Bay Area youth.
ALL STARS ACCELERATOR PROGRAM
We believe that all youth should be able to thrive.
We believe investing in the potential of our youth, our nonprofit partners and our local communities can break the cycle of poverty that is keeping far too many youth from succeeding.
That is why we created the innovative and game-changing All Stars Accelerator Program, to build strong, impactful and sustainable nonprofits working on the front lines in our most overlooked and marginalized communities.
Each year, All Stars selects a cohort of innovative Bay Area nonprofits to participate in a three-year intensive program that is designed to help build the organizational capacity, financial sustainability and community impact of those organizations working to disrupt the cycle of poverty for Bay Area youth.
All Stars and our portfolio of nonprofit partners work to ensure youth in low-income and marginalized communities have access to a quality education and the support needed to go on to college; the skills and resources they need not to just get a job but a career, and that they can stay healthy in body and mind.
In order to achieve true economic and racial equity we must break the cycle of poverty that is preventing far too many youth from achieving their full potential.
Alpha Public Schools | Camp Phoenix | Chapter 510 | Eastside College Prep | Game Theory Academy | The Hidden Genius Project | Mindful Life Project | One Degree | Project Commotion | San Francisco Achievers | Team, Inc. | United Roots Oakland | Upward Roots | Urban Ed Academy | WriterCoach Connection
ALL STARS GRANTEES:
SERVING MORE YOUTH
All Stars Accelerator Program: Overview
The All Stars Accelerator Program provides 3 years of general operating support ($25,000 each year) plus quarterly capacity building trainings, customized one-on-one coaching and technical assistance, and peer networking and connection.
The application process is now closed. Our 2022 Cohort will be announced in January 2022.
All Stars Accelerator Program: Eligibility Criteria
This is not just a grant program – we are looking for organizations that are willing and able to fully participate in the program. This includes not only attending all program trainings and completing all necessary reports, but also actively engaging with fellow program participants, All Stars Helping Kids, and program partners.
• A nonprofit organization in good standing (registered 501(c)3, in the process of filing for 501(c)3 status, or fiscally sponsored).
• Are not an affiliate or chapter of a larger nonprofit or national organization.
• A nonprofit’s fiscal year budget is less than $750,000. Please do not include any Covid-Relief grants/monies e.g., PPP loan (1st or 2nd), COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL), California’s Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program, OR any 1-time COVID-19 grant that will not be able to be received again
• The majority of your primary program or service already serves at least one of the following five (5) San Francisco Bay Area counties: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, San Francisco County, San Mateo County, and/or Santa Clara County.
• Primary program or service reaches underserved youth/young adults and communities.
• More than 50% of youth (ages 4 – 18) served qualify for free or reduced lunch
• If you do not have access to this information, please refer to one of these links and make your best estimate. Kids Data or School Accountability Report Card
• OR the majority of the young adults (ages 18 – 24) served are considered: Under employed, unemployed, or unable to secure a job; First generation / DACA / Immigrant; Justice involved or dually involved youth; Former foster youth / Transition Aged Youth; Unhoused or unstably housed youth; may not have received a high school diploma; teen / young parents, etc.
• Primary program or service focuses on one or more of the following pillars: Access to Education, Career Readiness, Health & Wellness.
• Primary program or service is an innovative approach / solution focused on making lasting behavior or life change towards breaking the cycle of poverty.
All Stars Accelerator Program: Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
We are committed to maintaining a professional working environment that recognizes, understands, respects, and encourages the unique contributions of each intern, employee, donor, grantee and partner. We cannot grow effective leaders if we do not include the voices of everyone in inclusive and equitable ways.
Read full DEI statement here.